Saturday, September 27

Beauiful? YES.

I ran across this video today and cried my eyes out, and not bad tears, just amazed at the fact I for the first time in my life I really do think I am beautiful, like really really believe it, even on my bad days.... plus I am rather emotional this week anyway because a very special friend is leaving on his very special journey and so I am a ball of excited and sad energy..... (translation: a hot mess, lol) So enjoy the video and also a totally unrelated poem from 7/9/08 that I am working on memorizing for a show tomorrow... wish me luck! Thanks for stopping by!







Dear You,

I appoint your hands to be poet laureate of my pleasure
Your palms have a penchant for pretty purring places....
Possessing the precision to palm my posterior perfectly
Without pause pinpointing the position to provide plentiful passion
Pardoning ecstasy from prudish prisons
Rewarded with praises of pouring potions....

I'm amazed at appendages administering attitude adjustments....
Multi-tasking hands that manipulate moods.....
Manual motivation is a motherf…
Mmmmmmm.....
Transcendent touches that tempt transgressions told only in Tantric texts…......
Expert extremities excavating erogenous....
....treasure*…

Funny how five fingers can flip frowns
...... and hold tight to fragile flower frames never fracturing the foliage
.....and find flows...
......by forging through fortresses of fear to open floodgates....
........devising devilish deeds to leave me drowning
in
dripping
dreams
of
diligent digits delivering doses of delight ,
Damn!
I digress. ....

Tangibly Yours,
Alise*

1 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

I love me some India Arie... gosh I love her... every last one of her albums have been bangers... I think this was one of the songs that she did for Oprah's school in africa... when you buy it on itunes part of the proceeds go to the school... now you have me about to go do some research to see if she is working on a new album

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise