Saturday, December 26

heavy...




I actually had a great Christmas, one of the better ones in recent memory.  However, there was one thing that bothered me to no end.  Both sides of my family are ridiculously critical of weight.  Every single time I see them there are 50-leven (yeah, I said 50-leven) comments about whether I have gained or lost weight.  Sometimes the comments go as extreme as: "You used to have a lovely figure, what happened."  I would like to know what makes people think this is an okay thing to say.  I am not perfect, but I know for a fact that my lips have never fixed themselves to even say anything remotely like this to anyone.  I am truly perplexed.  In this body obsessed culture we live in I don't need further pressure from my loved ones.  I stayed quiet to keep peace, but best believe my side-eye was at full attention. Anyone else experience this?  What is your response, if any, to people when they say things like that? 

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise