Monday, February 8

Blog Poetry Slam 39: Hugs

I'm back, 2 weeks in a row, miracles never cease. *wink*   Y'all should give me a hug or something...  I love hugs.  All kinds.  Friendly.  Romantic. Family.  Sometimes I hug myself.  Sometimes even poems embrace me.  And sometimes I hug my poems back.  But I digress before y'all think I am too crazy.  Hugs have been helping me out a lot lately so that's what I thought would make an appropriate theme for us to write about: HUGS.

Please write a poem to fit the theme in the comments... Your poems can be long, short or even a haiku! They can be serious or silly. If you are not a poet then tell the poets you think of their pieces. Thanks for coming by and supporting my little corner of the blogosphere...







Full Circle

I need a hug


A strong one


From stubborn arms that refuse to let me go


I want to cry on your shoulder


And for that to be okay


And then I want to laugh through those tears


And then laugh until I cry


Just so you can hug me again


And tell me that it will be okay


Even if really isn’t


Sometimes that delusion


Can ease the pain and confusion


Until I cry again


And need another hug

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise