Monday, May 3

Blog Poetry Slam 47: No Rules (Guest Poet: Taahira)

Today's blog poetry slam is being brought to you by my favorite teenager on the planet, Taahira, she has a tumblr blog by the name of Urban Rag Doll. She is the daughter of one of my dearest friends The PBG of the blog Dirty Pretty Thangs. She has raised a great kid! She often surprises me with little gems in the form of poetry or anecdotes that always brighten my day. This time she sent a poem that I thought was extra clever, hope you enjoy it too!  Because of her poem today, just write a poem about anything in any form you want... NO RULES!!!  (Only rule is to post your poem in the comments...)


I had to write a sonnet for english class. I told my teacher I didn't like writing poems with rules.  So I made a poem about forced poetry isn't real art.


Fake art is insanity
It's backwards
Like sailors without profanity
False feelings? Those should be your last words


Fabricating imagination is a mockery
A Sham!
What is this tomfoolery?
It's a Scam


Falsified craftsmanship is craziness
My hatred for you posers is immense
Where is your inventiveness?
The grudge I hold is intense


Your words are balderdash
Your synthetic rhymes: trash 


check out me and Taahira's first post together form last year: http://blackwomanlost.blogspot.com/2009/03/out-of-mouths-of-babes.html

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise