Sunday, June 28

Blog Poetry Slam Greatest Hits: Part 2

Just so you know I love the poems you guys write for the Tuesday Blog Poetry Slams... I read and digest every single one. I want to highlight some pieces that I love, there are lot to choose from, so these are some that stuck out... I will highlight pieces from commenters every week! By the way: I love y'all!

(tomorrow's topic is "Silence" by the way)



from
Blog Poetry Slam 10: Gravity
VerbFashion said...

I appreciate depth but down is depressing
I am high like Him
Gravity is grief and levitating is greatness
Lift up
Chin up
Speak up
Don't talk downwards drowning words
'cause that shit is for shallow people
and I'm just too damn deep.

from Blog Poetry Slam 10: Gravity

NaturallyAlise said...
(can i put my own haiku in the greatest hits...lol... of course i can, it's my blog ;-) )

i will not fall down

so i say fuck gravity

inertia's better



from
Blog Poetry Slam 2: Thirst
The Chad said...

she said i don't inhale what i can't see --
i touched her face and showed her my reflection
complete with sweat and imperfection
she twisted her sensuality like a J
and listened to what i had to say...

"the whatever i give you is not just for consumpion
I thirst just like you, don't make the assumption
that i don't breathe like you and inhale your skin,
if i'm ever going to drink you back in."



from
Blog Poetry Slam 8:Fruit

Nadege said...

me: amber-hued honey
slowly entering your mouth
shy and slippery
wanna be inside your heaven

you: juicy purple grapes
slick on the outside
bursting with flavor on the inside
rolling sweetness on your body

from Poetry Blog Slam 14 - Badu

sabrina said... Inspired by Bag Lady

Issues that I can't let go of
Heartache that holds on like a cancer
Lovers from a past life
Baggage
Only way to relieve this back pain is to
let it go
Drop the Coach Purse full of anger
Set down the reusable grocery bag with the tears
Throw away the plastic bag of misery
Let it go

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise