Wednesday, December 24

Luvvie LOVES BET!

LOVES



I am going to leave that microphone looking, broccoli coiffed, Lilliputian alone, that is my sho' nuff buddy! In fact she doesn't love BET, but she does love my BET poem, so here goes, and everyone have a :

MURRAY CRIMMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!


"B to the E to the T...."


Okay, ya'll I am tired....

I like black,

I like entertainment,

and I even like television,

but somehow these put together has gone awry.....

I am so tired of the Barrage of Elicit Trash; Beaming Endlessly Through the television set.

Proclaiming rappers and Bare Empty Titillating models as heroes.

I am so tired of youth being Blinded at Every Turn, wool pulled over their eyes

While the wolf in sheep's clothing called BET draws them in

Hellfire is coming through the airwaves...

and day after day they Breathe Embers of Treachery

Don't you know our Babies Emulate This Trash!

Programming our youth to get those Bare Empty Trappings of unattainable riches by any means necessary.

Beautiful queens selling their souls for Bling, Excess, and Trinkets

Teaching our young men to Berate, Endanger, and Terrorize women

Portraying us as Bitches and Evil Thugs...

Yeah you and I should know better than to buy into it,

But yet we still sit and watch the BET awards,

And what is our reward as a people... Bondage, Entrapment, and Tears.......

This is a Brilliant Eradication Tactic that we are falling for hook line and sinker

Why not offer our youth Belief , Empowerment , and Truth

Instead of Broadcasting Egotistical Talentless pseudo-artists

Who Boldly Exclaim Tasteless and offensive lyrics from the rooftops,

And guess who is listening and paying to do it.......... Us!

Paying with our lives.....

BET or television for that matter, is not your Babysitter, Educator, or Therapist.....

It does more harm to us than the Bigots, Extremists, and Terrorists could ever do......

I need a new BET of thought:

Building, Edifcation, and Transformation

Brainstorming, Enlightening, and Training

Beauty, Energy, and Togetherness

Brigdebuilding, Equality, and Tolerance



So I am going to end my Bold Edgy Tirade with this:

Beware of the Enemy Taking over.....BET

-Naturally Alise - 2006

3 comments:

Luvvie on December 24, 2008 at 8:50 AM said...

LMAO!!!! I was bouts to say "YOU TRYNA RUIN MY GOOD NAME!!!!"

But you are right indeed. I do dig your BET poem like Winehouse digs pipes. Lofffff ya!!

The Pretty Brown Girl on December 24, 2008 at 4:00 PM said...

I'm @ my parents house (takes another sip) and I was just reading this out loud to Mother from your book! We all love it!

Luvvie, you know you be watching Blackbuster movies. You told me your fave was Blue Hill Avenue.

Ain HD on December 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM said...

Great piece sis! The execution was awesome! Wish I'd thought of this idea first ;-) But continue to inspire!

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise