Tuesday, August 11

Blog Poetry Slam 27: Parts of Speech

This is the 27th installment of my weekly Blog Poetry Slam, so glad you stopped on by. I thought an interesting writing prompt would be parts of speech. Write about nouns, verbs, adverbs, sh*t even expletives, lol, go for it! So many different ways you can approach this. I am interested to see what you can come up with..... Do you accept the challenge? I am gonna share a piece after the picture and another in the comments, please join me... I look forward to reading your poems, they can be short (even haiku), long, serious, or funny: it's up to you! Happy Writing!

I need someone's subject to complement my predicate

I need some verbs agreeing

No false hopes of dangling participles

....no dead end fragments

and repeated bullshit of run-ons

How bout some noun and verb agreement

oops scratch that line

I need someone who is going to proofread my bullshit

But not get salty when their page has some red ink too

I need an intro, a body, and if it don't work out....

A mature conclusion

I need the stability of some prose

But the flexibility of poetry

Sometimes reading to your self,

But at times I need your spoken word

I don't want a term paper of what we'll be together

But rather an outline of the future

To bring those scratch paper scribbles and doodling to reality

And not count them out as mindless daydreams…

I need my empty page overfilled with words,

So I can build on them with adjectives and adverbs,

Making each other better and making things clearer,

Adding a little spice with alliterations, idioms, and rhyme,

Because all work and no wordplay makes Alise a dull gal….



Your turn!

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise