Monday, September 7

agenda...


I have decided to have our week long celebration this week. This week we will be blessed by some poets I love very much. Below is the schedule, and each guest's respective blogs/websites:

Tuesday: Elliot Axiom of Project:Roam , will present the 31st Blog Poetry Slam topic and poem

Wednesday: Ain HD of Ain HD: Honorable Discourse and Rhyme Revival. will present us with a poetic selection

Thursday: Verb Fashion of Verb Fashion Blog will also present us with a poetic selection

Friday: Giveaways!!! Free Stuff!!! (and hopefully a surprise poet)



I will leave you with a poem today, please come back all week for the fun


I wrote this in about 2005/2006, enjoy:

So you want to know what I can bring to the table

But can your TV tray hold this food for thought?

Because you need to know:

Every word I speak is nourishment…

No empty calories..

No fillers…

No artificial preservatives…

Just organic truth…

You are what you eat…

And I would feed you a helping of insight…

Some complex verbal-hydrates…

To give you the energy to burn off that excess negativity.

And I do give to the needy…

But only the ones that hungry enough to receive it.

My cup runs over with compassion,

But I will offer no pity birthday party cake…..

I don't fill your heart with greasy, grimy thoughtless ramblings…

I take the time to wash what I say…

Let my thoughts cook fully..

And offer you up a gourmet conversation…. Let you digest every course.

I start with some soup to warm your soul…

Then let you savor the meaty knowledge I have to offer.

A little wine and cheese to mellow out your mood,

And a something a little sweet to inspire and lift your spirits…

But of course everything in moderation….

I won't overfeed you with superfluous chatter,

Or stuff you with nonsensical ranting.

In fact I'll give just enough words to fill you up….

Leave a good taste in your mouth,

And you will eagerly anticipate the next meal…

So are you ready to taste my world?

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise