Wednesday, September 9

Guest Poet: "Directing Traffic"


Our guest poet for today, Candace, is a beautiful sister. She is a young lady in college who is wise well beyond her years and her creative energy and passion inspires me greatly. Show her love. Also, visit her at Verbfashion Blog, you'll be glad I sent you.


Poetess, you now have the floor...

Yo, I'm a well written script coming to you live. I'm a student that will probably make a lot of money doing what comes naturally to me but I hope to evolve in poetry and conclude in this life doing what I love doing, writing. I'm passionate about many things and very few people; guess that's what makes the very few significant. If I could be compared to any one thing, I'd say I'm like a Rubik Cube (complex and colorful). Some figure me out and feel accomplished. Those that can't, keep shifting and turning only to sigh deeply when I do land in the hands of other brilliant minds. They're always angry temporarily but they always keep trying. It's interesting because like those close to me just when I think I've gotten me figured out, an experience, person, or situation becomes my journal's inspiration.

-Candace




What do you when you know something is just not good for you yet you long for it? It's not even that the person isn't a good person so much as the situation is effortlessly flawed. Adaptability and compatibility are all wrong and it's up to me to quit - I'm used to walking away to force the other person to put in the effort so this time I've challenge myself and stayed. And with all this complexity registering momentarily I let out this:

Directing Traffic

opposites attracting is bulls***
we're in love with our opposite directions so much
we're opponents
we've openly discussed how situated we are in our
subjectivity to everything
what was our objective?
I, to break from my in-dependency
I'm so dependent on me
you, to end what you've always been
you're so used to the simple-minded
my complexity...
laps your simplicity so much
it threatens breaking up with me if i stay stationed
in complicity
which I've denied being a possibility
diction used for our 'screwed' description, explicit
head strong for potential has driven me insane
review, peep my exhaustion as I pass in the oncoming lane

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise