Wednesday, April 7

Guest Poet: Tiara R. - National Poetry Month: Day 8

Today's guest poet is  best friend to awesome ePosse member PBG's daughter Tee (me and her posted a blog together a while back: ).  She is 16 and quite the amazing poet, wise well beyond her years.  Without further ado, I present Tiara R..


Paper Towns 
by Tiara Rasheed
balloons masking the sky
i'm findin' blue , beyond them
i'm seeing the strings ,
as they fall and get cut

they are all arranged ,
one by one
two by two
a series you could have seen
you could have seen it
before it got here

but you're sure to know it left
the presence was the truth
in all it's essence , natural
like the clouds on a nice day
like the rain when you're indoors

the paper towns
with paper people
and paper feelings
never expressed ,
never real

always false , never
right , always hidden
never , shown.
strings have to be cut
and hearts have to break

paper towns
with paper people
are almost always
fake.


The Inspiration behind the poem:
I wrote the poem shortly after reading the book "Paper Towns" by John Green. The book was an amazing out look on city life and how false it can really be. The term "Paper Town" cam from the book and basically meant that things  aren't always what they seem and smiles don't always mean happiness. Looks aren't always what they seem. After reading the book it made me think about what is or isn't false in my own personal "Paper Town". The poem was almost a response to the new was of defining what I saw and how I took it using terminology from the book. The poem was my own way off saying I relate to the book and can put it into my own words. The inspiration for my poem was the book "Paper Towns" by John Green.

Recap:
Day1 - I'm Just Sayin'
Day 2 - Silly Me
Day 3 - Haiku Series (sky theme)
Day 4 - Soul Resurrected
Day 5 - Poetry Chase
Day 6 - Guest Blog Poetry Slam: Musical Favorites : AmyMay
Day 7 - Guest Poet: SheHateMe

April is National Poetry Month.  I knew I loved April for a reason!  For this month I will write and post a poem every.single. day.  Hold me to it.  Also the second week of April I will be featuring some of my favorite poets.  i already have 2 lined up, drop me a line at naturallyalise (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in being featured as well!  Enjpy!

(I will apologize now, the pieces may be raw and/or unfinished, but hell no one would know that but me, lol)   

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise