Sunday, April 11

National Poetry Month: Day 12 (True Colors)

I wrote this piece because I know a few bad apples in my world right now are attempting to spoil the bunch.  Those who can not deal with their own mediocrity, so they use the defense mechanism of gossip and under-handedness to deal with their own pain.  I feel sorry for them, and I hope they can come to terms with their own shortcomings instead of attempting to tear others down.  And yes, if your toes are feeling sore, handle that.



i see your true colors
sh.....
no not shining

in fact your true colors
(attempt to)
shade my brilliant pigments
mute my brilliance


you're like a pair of red socks
in my white laundry
in hot water
your negative energy
stains
contaminates
everything you touch
and everyone can clearly see
that it is your fault


green eyes
black hearts
yellow bellies
are unnecessary
there is room on the rainbow for us all
i'll even save you a seat,

for when you smarten up.

Naturally Alise © 2010

 Recap:
Day1 - I'm Just Sayin'
Day 2 - Silly Me
Day 3 - Haiku Series (sky theme)
Day 4 - Soul Resurrected
Day 5 - Poetry Chase
Day 6 - Guest Blog Poetry Slam: Musical Favorites : AmyMay
Day 7 - Guest Poet: SheHateMe 
Day 8 - Guest Poet: Tiara R.
Day 9 - Guest Poet: Ron Jolla
Day 10 - Unicorns
Day 11 - Random Haiku

April is National Poetry Month.  I knew I loved April for a reason!  For this month I will write and post a poem every.single. day.  Hold me to it. Drop me a line at naturallyalise (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in being featured this month!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise