Saturday, April 3

National Poetry Month: Day 4

Soul Resurrected

how could they take an act I love so much
and make it dirty
...shameful
...worthless
and transfer it to my soul via osmosis
killing it
you know what the worst death is?
... when you survive it
an empty shell running on fumes
going through the motions
making no forward motion
repressing emotions
because reliving it causes too much commotion

but today i will deal with the noise
i replay the scene
...
one holds down my pride
spreads open my dignity
and thrust shame and insecurity into me repeatedly
while the others take their turn
they are killers on the loose
but why is it my soul gets the death penalty
and every day i pace up and down death row
dead girl walking
and it took me 12 years to realize
i am the only one that can issue a pardon
so as of today
i declare that i am now free

a musical treat:


Recap:
Day1 - I'm Just Sayin'
Day 2 - Silly Me
Day 3 - Haiku Series (sky theme)


April is National Poetry Month.  I knew I loved April for a reason!  For this month I will write and post a poem every.single. day.  Hold me to it.  Also the second week of April I will be featuring some of my favorite poets.  i already have 2 lined up, drop me a line at naturallyalise (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in being featured as well!  So since this is April 1st, below will be the first of 30 poems to come...  enjoy!

(I will apologize now, the pieces may be raw and/or unfinished, but hell no one would know that but me, lol) 

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise