Friday, April 16

National Poetry Month: Day 16 (Battle Rap)

Okay y'all this post today is kinda silly, but there is an explanation behind it.  See what had happened was I was on twitter and someone posted a link to something called the URL.  URL is the acronym for Ultimate Rap League.  Each clip puts two emcees against each other to freestyle against each other.  It is quite ignorant and foolish, hence why I love it so. (Don't judge me.)  Here is a sample clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6S0kXf0Uxs&feature=related .  Anyway that night I proceeded to watch rap battles for 4 hours straight.  So I decided to write my own battle rap, it counts as poetry.  It just happens to be poetry with insulting punchlines.  So here goes my rap debut:



I keep you all bouncing like insufficient funds
Going harder than a stripper does for ones
You play with words but I refuse your puns
You'll be gone quicker than income tax refunds
You cowards look up to me as if you were my sons
Cuz your rhymes are junk like Sanford and Son reruns

Just because your Biology book fell doesn't mean you drop science
I stepped to the mic and crushed your wings and you ain't been fly since
You're all smoke and mirrors like a conceited incense
Stop writing rhymes under false pretense

Was that a metaphor? More like a meta-three
You're weak as a wine cooler, how you like that simile?
Every rhyme you attempt is wack to me
The way you keep falling reminds me of gravity

You and wackness are tight like Gayle and Oprah
You'll always get slept on like a pull-out sofa
The day I was born your career is over
Only hope for you is a 4 leaf clover.


LOL....


Recap:

April is National Poetry Month.  I knew I loved April for a reason!  For this month I will write and post a poem every.single. day.  Hold me to it. Drop me a line at naturallyalise (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in being featured this month!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise