Monday, April 19

national Poetry Month: Day 19 (Haiku)

Sorry readers, I have shirked  my poetry month responsibilities.  I have been busy working on a couple of projects, but that is no excuse.  So today I will unleash a bunch of haiku to make up for my transgressions....  Forgive me?

I refuse to eat
Those things that are up your sleeves
Why?  Trix are for kids.


When I do haiku
I wear the finest cashmere
To kill you sofly


I had a bad dream
Tyra took out my eyeballs
And smiled with my eyes


I hip-hop is dead
Where is the murder scene?
106th and Park?


Why am I so hot?
I write haiku on matchbooks
to make sure they're fire.


The tables have turned
Isn't that Ray-J's sister?
Brandy what happened?


Much like LL's head
My life is shining brightly
I'm doing it well


I sometimes wonder
Does our poetic waxing
Come from life's candles

Recap:
April is National Poetry Month.  I knew I loved April for a reason!  For this month I will write and post a poem every.single. day.  Hold me to it. Drop me a line at naturallyalise (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in being featured this month!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

testforelliot Copyright © 2008 Community is Designed by Bie

Customized by Naturally Alise